Covered California is the new marketplace that makes it simple and affordable for individuals and families to get health insurance. Any Californian who qualifies can purchase private health insurance through Covered California, regardless of income. Covered California offers four groups of private health insurance plans: platinum, gold, silver, and bronze, plus a minimum coverage plan. Dickerson Employee Benefits is an Authorized General Agent for Covered California’s SHOP Exchange and can assist you with quoting and writing policies.
Agents who have not registered with Covered California must do so before they will be able to login to the LMS and sign up for a certification training class.
Note: Medi-Cal enrollment continues year-round. Covered California open enrollment for 2014 has ended. Open enrollment for the 2015 coverage year will begin this fall. Individuals may still qualify for Medi-Cal or have a qualifying life event that makes them eligible for coverage through a special- enrollment period. Small businesses can sign up for health insurance plans year-round.
Agent dedicated phone line for both individual and SHOP service issues: (855) 777-6782
Covered California Websites:
- The consumer-friendly website of Covered California.
- The agent-focused website of Covered California (California Health Benefit Exchange).
Covered California Change Forms:
- Employer Change Form – click here to download form.
- Employer Change Form – click here for fillable pdf.
- Employee Change Form – click here to download form.
- Employee Change Form – click here for fillable pdf.
- Click here to access the Small Business Tax Credit Calculator.
- Links on the CA Health Benefit Exchange website with agent tools.
- Covered California Plans by Region – click here for interactive map displaying regions and plans by region
- Click to download Fact Sheet about Covered California
- Actuarial and Minimum Value Calulator links on www.TheBrokersGA.com
- Click to download “Getting Help Fact Sheet: Making Healthcare Affordable” from Covered California (English version)
- Click to download “Como obtener ayuda economica” from Covered California (Spanish version)
- Click to download Employer Paper Application from Covered California (Spanish version)
- Click to download Employee Paper Application from Covered California (Spanish version)
SHOP Plan Documents:
SHOP Health Plan Providers Covered California’s Small Group marketplace has six health insurance companies that are available for year-round enrollment in the SHOP program. Click here for more information.
- Blue Shield
- Chinese Community Health Plan (CCHP)
- Health Net
- Kaiser Permanente
- Western Health Advantage
- Click to download Fact Sheet about California’s Exchange.
- Click here for Covered California Shop and Compare (Premium Subsidy) Tool for Individuals and Families.
- Click here to download a Covered California application for Individuals.
- Click here to download FAQs about individual coverage.
- IFP PAYMENT: For How to Pay Premium and Start Health Coverage: Click here
Agent Registration for Certification:
- Use Google Chrome or Mozilla Firefox as your internet browser (versions of Internet Explorer are not fully compatible)
- Click here to start registration
- Accept Terms and Conditions of Use and continue through all steps
- Create User ID, click Continue – You will now have completed the Login portion only.
- Click here to continue verification on Learning Management System (LMS)
- Continue through all steps
- Register for certification training class AFTER you receive registration confirmation email from Covered CA